The following details the expectations for all HPSC representatives:
- Attend all HPSC Board Meetings.
- Each student council must designate 2 permanent representatives for the entire academic year.
- Each representative is responsible for attending all HPSC Monthly Meetings
- Each representative will be allowed 2 unexcused absences for the entire year
- If a student council member is unable to attend the meeting, he/she must:
- Email the secretary 2 days prior to the meeting
- Find an alternate to attend the meeting
- Inform students about HPSC and encourage students from your college to attend HPSC events.
- HPSC represents all health professions students at UIC. As an HPSC representative, you are responsible for representing your college to HPSC.
- Ensure that every student has an opportunity to learn more about HPSC.
- Bring student issues to HPSC meetings
- Email announcements and meeting minutes to your college
- 1 representative from each college is responsible for communicating updates
- Copy (CC) the UIC Executive Board on the email to verify that minutes were sent
- Report at least 1 college event per month at HPSC meeting and add to agenda
- In order to aid students in fulfilling requirements for the HPSC Collaborative Healthcare Series, each HPSC representative will be required to:
- Report potentially qualifying events at their college using the form below
- Provide information about that event at the next HPSC meeting
- Events can range from a lunchtime lecture to an interactive activity
- There is no restriction on the types of event that can be reported
- A minimum of 1 event that qualifies for the HPSC CHS must be reported per month from each college
- Plan HPSC Collaborative Healthcare Events for your college
- See form below for more information.
- Participate in 1 HPSC Representative Committee or Campus Committee
Failure to comply with these representative responsibilities can lead to loss of funding from your college.
- Meet with your committee after each HPSC monthly meeting
- Fulfill the minimum requirements in the HPSC or campus committee
- Collect meeting agenda/notes and present updates at next HPSC meeting.